Audio Restoration Services:
Preservation For Future Generations
Listen to what professional audio restoration services can do for your music!
Below are some before and after excerpts. This comes from a private collection of a rare radio broadcast disc of King Bennie Nawahi, one of the few known in existence:
Nawahi Restoration Sample BEFORE
Here is the same track fully restored:
Nawahi Restoration Sample AFTER
Mister’s Mastering House has been doing work like this for the past ten years. We may just have the solution you’re looking for.
Who Can Benefit from This?
Anyone with audio to preserve:
- Labels with Collections
- Private Collectors
When you need to go beyond a DIY approach, we can restore or enhance your audio for future generations.
What Can Be Restored?
Virtually anything audio:
- Archival Collections
- Attic Treasures
- Vinyl (LP's, 45's, 78's)
- Cassette Tapes
- Reel to Reel Tapes
- Family Treasures
- Corporate Business Presentations
- Court and Evidence Preparation
Audio restoration can help improve the quality of neglected recordings. It adds new life; and accessibility for new audiences.
Every project is unique. It all depends on the source. But here is a general outline to give an overall feel for a typical workflow.
- First, any hum or buzzing will be minimized or eliminated using special EQ filters and processes.
- Second, any clicks are removed again using manual procedures and dedicated software.
- Third, crackles are minimized through software as well.
- Next, any prevalent hiss or background noise is minimized if possible either through careful EQ or special noise reduction software.
Here’s an additional consideration often neglected:
- Whenever possible, a special finishing EQ provides a unique final touch of restoring the balance of the available frequencies in your audio recordings. This aids in listenability and accessibility.
What Can't Be Done?
If it’s there, it’s there for good. We can do some filtering, but it depends entirely on the actual recording.
All finished and approved projects will be delivered in the following formats below. You’ll always have a choice for your archives.
- .wav @ 44.1 kHz & 16 bits (CD Quality)
- 320k .mp3 tagged with client-supplied data
- Hi-Res .flac @ the original sampling rate & 24 bits, tagged with client-supplied data
- Mastered-For-iTunes ready (same as Hi-Res but in .wav format)
CD/DDP masters are available if you need them. See the rates below.
How Long Will It Take?
It’s difficult to give an estimate of how long your project will take without hearing what’s there.
can find out what can be done for your irreplaceable treasures. Click here to contact for information and to start a free no obligation consultation.
Audio Restoration Services Rates:
Audio Restoration Rates:
CD Authoring / DDP Creation:
"The audio restoration for our Jimmy Lytell release (Jazz Oracle BDW 8069) was done by Karl Machat of Mister’s Mastering House. This was a very challenging assignment as the source material, recorded by Pathé between 1926 and 1928, was poorly recorded and pressed on inferior material.
"Karl worked wonders, retaining the music’s ambiance while removing the heavy surface noise. His attention to detail was amazing and, in addition to cleaning up the sound, he accurately re-pitched each track.
"I look forward to working with Karl on future projects."
John Wilby - Jazz Oracle
Hear For Yourself:
Jimmy Lytell 'Zulu Wail' BEFORE
Jimmy Lytell 'Zulu Wail' AFTER
Whatever your project needs, Mister’s Mastering House audio restoration services will make it the best.
To Listen To Samples
Return to The Audio Mastering Home Page
Proud to be affiliated with these organizations: